Sunday, November 13, 2011

November Already!?

Wow! I can't believe it's November already! I've been a little lazy with updating the blog. I've been extra tired lately. Daylight Savings makes the girls get up in the 6 o'clock hour now, so that doesn't help! We've spent a lot of time around the house lately. We only have 1 car, so Jon usually has it at work. The weather has been cold and yucky, but we did have 2 great days of 60 and sunshine. We spent those at the playground with Colt and Brooke! Colt and Avery are great friends! He even gave her a kiss. (you should have seen Jon's face!) Halloween was fun! Avery was a butterfly (her favorite thing right now), and Emelyn was a ladybug. (There was one in my delivery room when I was in labor!) We went trick or treating with Brooke, Colby, and Colt! The girls had fun (despite the cold) and made out with a decent stash. We finally got the girls room "presentable." We've put up their letters and some wall hangings. I made a bow holder. Mod Podge (I've been calling it modge podge, for like, forever!) is my new best friend! I'm in love with it's "magical" powers. lol! There are still a few more things to hang, and I'd like to frame a few pics of them to put on the wall! Jon had a 4 day weekend (known as "donsa days) for Veteran's Day! We don't have any gas or dinero to do anything so we've just stayed home! Tomorrow is craft day! It's nice having him home! Avery loves having daddy around. Every time he changes clothes or puts his shoes on she says, "you going back to work daddy!?" I'm dreading the 9 months he will be spending "at work" next year. Of course, every time I get ready to leave she asks, "you going to the doctor, mommy?" Silly girl! She's definitely been a hoot and a holler lately! She loves to say her prayers. As soon as we get a new memory card, I will post a video! :-) Emelyn is a busy body! She never stops moving and is sooo curious! She has potential to be a little trouble maker like her sister! lol! She loves music and dancing! Changing her diaper and clothes proves to be a difficult task, because she refuses to lay still long enough! She cut 2 more teeth recently! She's still working on at least 2 more! She currently snaggle toothed, but it's soo cute! She looks just like my grandmama! I can't believe Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away! We're supposed to be having a get together with friends. I can't wait. I just have to grow a money tree first since we're all broke! I'm really going to miss my family. I'll be the 1st to admit I do NOT handle change very well, and I'm very tradition oriented. Yes, I know it's time to start our OWN traditions, but it's still hard. I guess I've bored yall enough! Time for some pics! :-) Miss yall!

Their bags that I made! I started this when Ave was a baby. I fold them up and stick them in their memory boxes with the year written on the back! Much better than a plastic bucket! 



Our little lady bug and our beautiful butterfly!



We forgot her paci clip, so we used a glow ring! lol!
(I can't figure out how to turn it on here!)



Move over mary-jane! Spider man has a new girl! :o)

Yes, there's a reason for that gate! Such a sweet girl!
(again, this is the "new" blogger. any idea how to turn the pic?)


Their hook thingy just inside the door. I can't take credit, I bought it!
The cross says, "for this child I have prayed."


A look into their room. I've added the bow holder to the right of the window since this pic!

An up close of Avery's awesome bedding! :-)

It's hard to see on here. There are better pics on my facebook. close up shots! The letters match her bedding, which is why I draped it over the "headboard" of the crib, so ya'll could see the inspiration!
The bow holder! I've had this paper forever and just had to use it! I thought the blue looked great against their lavendar-y wall and tied in with all of the colors in both bedding sets! :-)

I thought I'd go ahead and add the close-ups of the letters! :-)


1 comment:

  1. I think I'm reading backwards, but that's ok. lol Love all this. I love your style of writing! You're a very talented journalist!

    ReplyDelete