Monday, October 24, 2011

Enjoying October

It's been a few minutes since I updated last. These girls wear me out!

Emelyn is 7 mos old now and is crawling full force. She's into everything! Turns out she's been playing innocent for the last 7 months. lol. We thought she was going to be the chill, sweet child. She's still sweet and laid back, but sooo busy! She won't hardly sit still! Diaper changes are a challenge! She gets away butt naked a lot. She is about 18lbs 8oz. She's a chunk, but a cute chunky- not michelin chunky. Avery was so tiny, but of course- she threw everything up as soon as it went down! Emelyn is also pulling up on anything and everything she can get her hands on! She's working on about 6 teeth at once. She's had 2 forever!

Avery is fully potty trained now as long as she is awake! yaaaaay! She's doing great! She has been mentally ready since she was about 16 mos and has gone potty since then. However, she had a little issue with her bladder itself, so we had to wait for it to mature completely. As far as we can tell she's good now. She just goes every 5 mins. lol. We've also ditched her paci except for nap and night night. wooo! She's doing great! She usually hands it over without me asking for it! She won't go to bed without it though- we've tried. baby steps!

Jon had training for a few days last week. He got to put in 2 IV's and scrub in to watch 1 of the 3 surgeries his unit did in the field. (a.k.a. madigan's back yard). He liked being able to experience it first hand. I asked if he'd ever want to be a surgeon and he quickly replied "nuh uh!" I agree- his hands aren't steady enough. He should stick to the medic/therapy route. :-)

We've been busy doing some crafts in our house! Even Emelyn gets to join in! Jon had a 1/2 day Thursday and was off Fri-Sun. We got a little spoiled having him around for some fun! We painted and played play-doh. Jon and I gutted our pumpkins- which the deer think is are a buffet- but we haven't carved them yet! Maybe today when he gets home! I will post pics when we get them done- deer teeth and all. I can't believe Halloween is next week! Well I'm off! Here are some pics of our art and lil miss stinker pulling up! :-)

Avery's spider! Black paint on orange paper!



Emelyn's spider! She thought me painting her hand was funny!

Painting her pumpkin with Daddy! It's scented!
I forgot to take pics of their finished pumpkins!

Jon's turtle and pig- made of play-doh. He had a lot of fun! lol!

Emelyn pulled up in her crib after her morning nap!
She was so proud of herself! :-)

My lil punkins! They liked riding in the wheel barrow!

The cutest lil punkin in the patch!
this oughta be great for her wedding album
in 25-30 years! :-)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this blog and especially LOVE LOVE LOVE all the photos!!! The wheebarrow one is now on my computer as a screen saver and I think I have it copied to put on my status, too. Love the last one of Avery... yep, blackmail pic for sure! That youngin' is going to have to have some suspenders. lol Thanks for sharing even if you did make Gigi cry!

    ReplyDelete